Monday, April 9, 2012

Movie Review: Hugo





 Hugo: (Paramount)

"Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station 

is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton."




I watched Hugo the other night for the first time.
I have to say I really enjoyed it.
It got a little cheesy and too perfect for my taste at the end, but the overall idea I thought was cute.
That Automaton was CREEPY. I kept expecting it to like, come alive and kill someone...
XD
The actors were well-picked... and the storyline overall was pretty consistent... a bit predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless. ^^

I adore the dedication he (Hugo; Asa Butterfield) had to his father's (Jude Law) aspirations. The project that they were working on together;the Automaton, and the notebook were the last things he had of his father... well, those and the workings of clocks.
Movies that involve orphans or mistreated children break my heart. Any type of broken family hits me really hard, because I couldn't imagine not having and/or losing my family. They are very dear to me.

Overall, I would give it a rating on my personal scale of a 7/10. Purely for personal reasons. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment